I have pretty bad acrophobia, like so.
But they say to overcome your fear, you gotta face it. So.
First of it’s kind in Southeast Asia, Skyline Luge has been serving up adrenaline rushes for the last 9 years. You’ll get to take a 320-metre chairlift (The Skyride) before speeding down one of their two exhilarating trails in a 3-wheeled gravity ride (The Luge Ride). The Dragon Trail (688 metres) and the Jungle Trail (638 metres) consists of hairpin corners, long straights and exciting slopes which will
The attraction, located in Sentosa, has now been improved in many ways, including:
(1) Eight more ticketing counters (8 + original 4 = 12 )
(2) Four more photo counters (4 + original 4 = 8 )
(3) 500% increase in seating area and sheltered space
(4) Upgraded Jungle track with RGB LED lighting fixtures
On the Skyride (which lasts about 10 minutes), I alternate between feeling afraid and ashamed because Cherie’‘s 3 year old little boy, Jerry, was totally chill and enjoying the ride. See..
Each time I’m on the Skyride, I look something like this…
And feel something like this…
But after a while, it’s hard not to notice the view…
As finale for the hubs’s farewell weekend, I arranged for us to visit Skyline Luge in the evening, after our staycation. We napped at home before that and overslept, but its a good thing that Skyline Luge operates until 9.30 pm daily – perfect night activity if you’re on staycation in Sentosa
Can Joy be on the Skyride? Yes! Minimum height requirements are 85cm to ride with an adult and 135cm to ride alone.
Children need to be either 6 years and older or at least 110cm to ride alone, so Joy rode the Luge in tandem with the hubs. Even if Joy met minimum requirement, I would decided if she should ride tandem or not based on her ability to control the Luge Ride (observe before you set off on the trail) because there are several exhilarating sharp bends along the trails that need to be navigated with some control. Although, the Luge Ride is actually easy peasy to control; lean back and pull handlebar to brake, let go a little to move or speed up. Maybe I worry too much haha. #overprotectivemother #changemymind
I love the Luge Ride because it so easy to control my “vehicle” (it made me feel like I’m going down the trails with mad skills) and the trails are super fun to do! My favourite is the Dragon trail because it is longer and has more bends. The trails are so fun, I was willing to take the Skyride over and over again despite the fear of heights.
Skyline Luge operates from 10.00am to 9.30pm daily. I highly recommend going in the evening till late, so that it is not too hot, you can enjoy the sunset and also catch beautiful fireworks like this.
I think I’ve had about 8 gos but it’s still not enough, even for me. If you’re going, my suggestion is to get the unlimited pass for endless fun, the price is surprisingly affordable!
Just a note on dressing and belongings:
(1) Wear shoes that are secure and won’t drop off while on the Skyride
(2) You can carry your bags with you on the Luge Ride (put it between your legs) but there are also lockers which you can rent for $3 for use the whole day. If you have to have your bags with you, my suggestion is to wear backpacks or sling bags.
(3) Wear your phone on a lanyard (or something secure) if you’re worried about being carried away by the breathtaking views and accidentally dropping it!
More information and directions
Address: 45 Siloso Beach Walk, Sentosa, Singapore 099003
Tel: 6274 0472
Is this the moment you’ve been waiting for? Haha yes! I have three sets of Family 4 Deal tickets to giveaway! Each Family Deal 4 ticket is worth $39 and good for 2 adults and maximum 3 children to go on 4 Skyrides and 4 Luge Rides. To join in the giveaway, just follow the steps below.
Giveaway Terms and Conditions:
* Open to all in Singapore
* Three (3) winners will be randomly picked to win a set of Family 4 Deal tickets each and announced on my Facebook Page by 7 August 2014
* Giveaway ends at 2359hours on 5 August 2014
* Incomplete entries will automatically be disqualified without notice
* Confirmation emails will be sent to the winners, please respond within 3 days
* Family Deal Passes have a validity period of three (3) months and are applicable for families with children below 16 years old. Children under 6 years or shorter than the required 110cm to ride alone, may ride the Luge in tandem with a full paying adult.
* This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook
Disclosure: We were invited to experience the revamped Skyline Luge, no monetary compensation was received and all opinions are ours. At the rate I’m challenging my acrophobia, I might just overcome it. #perkofthejob
I keep simple records of our daily life on my Dayre. I also use Instagram and update my Facebook Page pretty often. To keep all sorts of ideas, I pin them to my Pinterest. If you enjoyed reading this post, connect with me on the various platforms I'm on and you won't miss an update!